I had an amazing adventure bicycling western Pennsylvania last week…. and on this edition of the pod, I tell stories all about biking the Great Allegheny Passage, the Montour Trail and the Panhandle Trail. Spoiler alert: it was hot.
Hey it’s the direct download link for The Pedalshift Project 084: Bicycling Western Pennsylvania (mp3)
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at email@example.com or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
The Journal: Bicycling Western Pennsylvania
A 5-day adventure that includes the full Montour trail, a hefty helping of the Panhandle Trail and a through-ride of the Great Allegheny Passage. Nearly 300 miles. It was hot.
- Segment riding the Montour to completion
- Big help from Dave at The Tandem Connection in Hendersonville… huge help with a weird rear flat
- Through riding the GAP fro 150-0
- Wildlife, except the rattlesnake
- Exploring Pittsburgh off the beaten path
- Hammock lounging every night
- Camping every night (but getting showers the last 2!)
- Sugar isn’t always you friend, until it is.
- Hydrate and block the sun
- Lighter is better
- Frame bags are dope
Pedalshift Tour Journals Volume 8: Western Penn… coming soon!
Help support the show and join the Pedalshift Society with monthly or one-shot contributions!
Mark Van Raam
And all anonymous and past contributors for helping make this show happen!
You’ve been hearing about Jason Kent and his music for 79 fine episodes. I got news for ya. New. Sunfields. Album. This August.
* The Pedalshift Project 084: Bicycling Western Pennsylvania appeared first on Pedalshift.