No matter what style of riding you practice on tour, you need to drink your water. On this episode of the pod, water treatment and management for bicycle touring. We revisit tips on treatment along with ideas on how to handle your hydration needs.
Hey it’s the direct download link for The Pedalshift Project 089: Water treatment and management on bike tour (mp3)
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
Pedalshift Tour Journals Vol.8: Western Penn
Available now at Pedalshift Plus!
Gear Talk: Water treatment and management on bike tour
- Revisiting PSP 023
- Sawyer mini filtration system – these have gotten really good and are really cheap. Alternatives: Lifestraw and Katadyn
- Easy and light – iodine tabs (plus Vitamin C to remove flavor)
- Better version: Oasis Tabs (H/T Brian Hren)
- Even higher tech – UV pens (Steripen, for one.)
- Low tech – carry your water from trusted sources
- Emergency bottle – don’t use unless it is one.
- DO NOT refill or use containers that held untrusted water without filtering.
Help support the show and join the Pedalshift Society with monthly or one-shot contributions!
Mark Van Raam
And all anonymous and past contributors for helping make this show happen!
You’ve been hearing about Jason Kent and his music for many fine episodes. I got news for ya. New. Sunfields. Album. SEPTEMBER 15th. I’ve heard it. It’s top notch.
* The Pedalshift Project 089: Water treatment and management on bike tour appeared first on Pedalshift.