Breaking news on the personal front (all good for the pod, mind you!) plus a great morning bicycle touring checklist to give your ride a proper once-over before you get rolling!
Hey it’s the direct download link for The Pedalshift Project 092: Morning bicycle touring checklist (mp3)
Have some bike touring or overnight stories to share? Send your pics, audio or a quick tweet – all welcome. Email the show at email@example.com or call the lightly-used Pedalshift voicemail line at (202) 930-1109.
Hey I’m riding the Pacific Coast again!
I’m planning on an October tour from Newport, OR to San Francisco, revisiting a section of the 2014 full coast ride and one I just adore. Looking forward to sharing more details with you in a future pod!
The march to Pedalshift 100
Morning bicycle touring checklist
1. Test quick-releases for proper closure.
2. Check that your wheels are seated correctly.
3. Test your stem tightness.
4. Check tire pressure.
5. Tighten loose grips—they can send you over the handlebars.
6. Test the brakes.
7. Make sure your seat is tight.
8. Inspect your chain.
9. Lube your chain.
10. Inspect your tires.
11. Check yourself for lose clothing or hanging straps that could get caught in a wheel.
12. Check your helmet for visible damage.
Help support the show and join the Pedalshift Society with monthly or one-shot contributions!
Mark Van Raam
And all anonymous and past contributors for helping make this show happen!
You’ve been hearing about Jason Kent and his music for many fine episodes. I got news for ya. New. Sunfields. Album. SEPTEMBER 15th. I’ve heard it. It’s top notch.
Check Jason and Sunfields on tour too:
09/08 London, UK – Biddle Bros
09/16 Montreal, QC – O Patro Vys (Pop Montreal)
10/20 Sherbrooke, QC – La Petite Boit Noire
* The Pedalshift Project 092: Morning bicycle touring checklist appeared first on Pedalshift.